factoryreset.co.uk Logo
FacebookTwitterHome PageFAQHelpforumsAbout UsContact UsPrivacy PolicyTerms & ConditionsPayment

Search

Page Last Updated 4th February 2014

Everything you need to know about Forum: Forum | Topic: Hp Pavilion Dv5000 Problem. More related Dell Openmanage Server Administrator Default Password information and help.

Windows® Easy Restore Solutions & Free Driver Downloads : factoryreset.co.uk

Live Comments

Forum: Forum | Topic: Hp Pavilion Dv5000 Problem

Home | Profile | Get Account | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ

Username:
Password:
Save Password

RSS

All Forums
 Hewlett Packard HP Laptops And Desktop Problems
 Hewlett Packard HP Laptops And Desktops
 HP Pavilion DV5000 problem

Printer Friendly

TOPIC MESSAGE: Hello, I just bought the x boot disk and would please like help with the following issues:
1. what command do i type in when the Boot window opens and it prompts with 'boot:'.
2. I also keep getting this error message. " Can't find Boot filesystem, sorry. Dropping you to a (very limited) shell." after i don't enter a command for the question above.
3. during the download of the disk, i only seem the get 99% or 695 MB instead of 696 MB. Can you help please

AuthorTopic

itsfreetou@yahoo.com

Admin

493 Posts

Posted - 26/01/2013 :  00:24:28
Hi

It sounds like you keep getting a corrupt version, please use the forms on the site under contact us, use the missing cd one and ask for a physical cd to be posted to you or for a copy to be sent via payloadz, A customer services rep will be able to do this for you on the morning, its 1am here right now

If you think you can, or you think you cant, either way you are right .. Google "The Secret"

itsfreetou@yahoo.com

5 Posts

Posted - 26/01/2013 :  16:37:01
I burned the download with nero and that seems to be better, but what's the command to type in at the boot prompt? I tried 'failsafe' and it loads but the mouse never works. I already tried the and that doen't work.
Thx

Admin

493 Posts

Posted - 26/01/2013 :  16:44:26
Hi

You should not see a command prompt it should auto boot into a GUI windows like interface?? are you seeing a set of lanuage bars at teh bottom .. if so select english

If you think you can, or you think you cant, either way you are right .. Google "The Secret"

itsfreetou@yahoo.com

5 Posts

Posted - 30/01/2013 :  18:45:45
yes I do see the gui window but only if I type 'failsafe' at the boot promp. If I let it get past the boot prompt, then it freezes. with the error #2 of my first post.
How can I get my mouse to work when I have the GUI open. I've tried the tip in the cheatcodes file, but neither one works. Is there some other command I can type in at the boot prompt to enable the mouse to work? I plugged in a usb and ps2 mouse but they didnt work either.

itsfreetou@yahoo.com

5 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2013 :  06:22:10
How do I get the drivers for the mouse and usb ports to work when the kde loads? Please.
thx

Admin

493 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2013 :  38:27:57
They should load automatically, what is the make and model number of the system that your using it on?

itsfreetou@yahoo.com

5 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2013 :  23:10:43
it's th HP Pavilian DV5000

Printer Friendly