factoryreset.co.uk Logo
FacebookTwitterHome PageFAQHelpforumsAbout UsContact UsPrivacy PolicyTerms & ConditionsPayment

Search

Page Last Updated 4th February 2014

Everything you need to know about Forum: Forum | Topic: A215 System Configuration Data Read Error. More related Download Drivers Acer Aspire information and help.

Windows® Easy Restore Solutions & Free Driver Downloads : factoryreset.co.uk

Live Comments

Forum: Forum | Topic: A215 System Configuration Data Read Error

Home | Profile | Get Account | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ

Username:
Password:
Save Password

RSS

All Forums
 Toshiba Laptop Problems - Software or Hardware
 Toshiba Laptops And Desktops
 A215 - System Configuration Data Read Error

Printer Friendly

TOPIC MESSAGE: I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop that I had upgraded to Windows 7 a couple of months ago. Over the weekend, I ran the “Software Update” program that came installed on the laptop. It ran for a little while then said something to the effect that “This has already been updated. Please restart computer”. When I clicked “OK” the windows 7 box popped up saying “This did not install properly. ”. I choose the “Install with recommended settings” but then this popped up “This software is for Windows 7 but Windows Vista has been detected “. I clicked “OK and shut the laptop down. The next morning I turned the laptop on and got an error stating
“System Configuration Data Updated
ERROR
System Configuration Data Read Error
(F1) Load Defaults (F2) Enter Setup”
I tried F1 and even went into Setup and tried to load the defaults. It still comes up to the error screen. It wont accept any keys (F8, F12) before this error screen comes up and then only those 2 options are available. It wont even let me start up the PC with a cd.

Is there a reset button or a battery on this motherboard that I can access to reset this or what do I need to do?

AuthorTopic

steve32169@yahoo.com

Admin

493 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2013 :  09:02:39
This is a bios screen..(nothing to do with the windows setup) however it does sound like you have some3how corrupted your windiows.. well first things first. you will need to press (F2) enter the setup , load system defualts.

On the first page that you see you should see things like the time and date etc.. make sure that you can see a hard disk configeration.. it should also show the cd if you have one.. as long as the storage device appear in the list your system will then have a bootable device.

Check then that your system isbooting off of HDD or hard disk first. it maybe set to boot off of a CD.. or floppy. (MAKE SURE YOU HAVE NO CD OR FLOPPY IN THE DRIVES)

then save your setup and restart.. this should then boot up windows.

If this does not work put any bootable CD or floppy in your system and make sure your system can actually boot up

let me know how it goes

steve32169@yahoo.com

5 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2013 :  17:01:02
It wont boot up to any device. I have changed the boot order to start with the HD, USB Drive, External USB Floppy and the CRROOM, but it always goes back to the Error. It will not even let me choose F12 for Boot Menu.

steve32169@yahoo.com

5 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2013 :  17:38:37
It wont boot up to any device. I have changed the boot order to start with the HD, USB Drive, External USB Floppy and the CRROOM, but it always goes back to the Error. It will not even let me choose F12 for Boot Menu.

quote:
Originally posted by Admin

This is a bios screen..(nothing to do with the windows setup) however it does sound like you have some3how corrupted your windiows.. well first things first. you will need to press (F2) enter the setup , load system defualts.

On the first page that you see you should see things like the time and date etc.. make sure that you can see a hard disk configeration.. it should also show the cd if you have one.. as long as the storage device appear in the list your system will then have a bootable device.

Check then that your system isbooting off of HDD or hard disk first. it maybe set to boot off of a CD.. or floppy. (MAKE SURE YOU HAVE NO CD OR FLOPPY IN THE DRIVES)

If this does not work put any bootable CD or floppy in your system and make sure your system can actually boot up

let me know how it goes

Admin

493 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2013 :  10:45:24
man... :( not really sure whats going on at all.. i think it now depends how far you want to go with it.. maybe worth taking the battery out, cd / floppy basically strip the machine as far as you dare.. take out the cmos battery if you can find it, then just try with the keyboard and hard disk in.. obvously dont attempt to strip your laptop down unless you happy to do so.. let me know if your up for it.. and il see if i can post some free service manuals and instructions here..

steve32169@yahoo.com

5 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2013 :  16:31:13
I've already taken it all apart but it still doesnt boot. I shorted outthe CMOS battery but that only reset some settings. I guess I will send it to a website I found that says they can fix it for $100.00

Thanks for your help

quote:
Originally posted by Admin

man... :( not really sure whats going on at all.. i think it now depends how far you want to go with it.. maybe worth taking the battery out, cd / floppy basically strip the machine as far as you dare.. take out the cmos battery if you can find it, then just try with the keyboard and hard disk in.. obvously dont attempt to strip your laptop down unless you happy to do so.. let me know if your up for it.. and il see if i can post some free service manuals and instructions here..

steve32169@yahoo.com

5 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2013 :  14:33:10
I just thought I would let you know how I fixed my laptop. Since all of the forums and computer techs I talked to all said that I needed to replace my motherboard, I figured that I had nothing to lose so I started messing around on my own. A lot of forums said that you could boot up external devices by pressing Fn+B or Fn+Esc. I couldn’t get those to work on mine. I did notice that if I would hold the Esc button, by itself, down while turning the laptop on, that immediately the “F2 for setup” option would pop up at the bottom. It would still beep twice and give me the same message as before but it still only showed the “F2” option. The “F1” option did not show up. I would click on “F2” and enter setup. When I would exit out of that, the laptop would reboot and try to read the cd drive. If I started the laptop normally, it still would not read the cd drive. I changed the boot order and redid the “Esc” method and it booted from my USB drive. I made a BIOS disk using the previous BIOS version and booted up the same way and it flashed my BIOS. Now the laptop is working perfectly. Thanks for the help that you offered me.

quote:
Originally posted by steve32169@yahoo.com

<blockquote id="4quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana" id="4quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="4quote">Originally posted by Admin

let me know how it goes

<hr height="1" noshade id="4quote"></font id="4quote"></blockquote id="4quote">

Printer Friendly